Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

the magic of sisterhood

"Sisters Are Magical" Digital Artwork done by Harmony Lenasbunt 2010
I have a little sister, well 3 years younger, we are actually pretty much the same size ;)  She and I have a very special connection.  I have a feeling all sisters have something similar going on between them regardless of age difference and closeness of their relationship.  There is something about that other girl in the family that creates a bond like none other.  She and I can fight like you wouldn't believe, and we have very little in common, but still I could not imagine my life without her.  I wouldn't be who and where I am now without her support, love, and yes even that competitive influence that sisters also seem to have with each other.  So when I was approached with the opportunity to create a custom work on the theme of sisterhood for a very special sister birthday, I couldn't refuse.  No matter how infuriating my baby sister can be, she is also my greatest ally and my dearest friend.  That conflict within our relationship rooted in such deep love for each other, intrigues me to capture in art.  So I thought I'd take a few moments this morning and look at ways other artists have presented sisterhood in their artworks.  Here are a few that truly inspired me, and maybe they will connect for you as well.

What does sisterhood look and feel like to you?  What does it mean for where you are today? I'd love to hear your comments on this.  Whether they are bonded to us by blood or some other worldly connection, sisterhood is something truly magical.
XO, HARMONY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the Conversation!