Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Colors of Morning


I went for a morning run this morning, which if you know me personally at all, is shocking.  I have a really hard time functioning in the morning (not a morning person at all) and typically the idea of doing coordinated exercise while dripping with sweat sounds appalling to me before 10am (and if you have ever visited FL, you know that after 10a the air feels like you are running in a sauna - also not appealing).  So normally I am an evening runner.  However, now that I am starting to feel the dreaded 3rd trimester of barely sleeping, aching joints, and frequent exhaustion coming on, I have come to realize that the amount of energy I have in the morning, while not enough to motivate me in my non preggo days, is apparently as good as it's going to get now.  These days by 4pm, I feel like I weigh 300lbs, my ligaments are throbbing, back aching, and all I want to do is lay down until November.  Hence, early morning out-of-character runs.


The saving grace for me this particular morning was the gorgeous colors that I got to soak in along my trail.  As I padded along slowly, I was struck by the incredible beauty of the summer flowers and plants bursting with life and creativity in the gardens all around me.


Sometimes, I forget to look around me, and I miss incredibly spectacular moments of inspiration.  I immediately grabbed my camera when I returned and shot a few pics of the parade of color of my morning.


Some from the wildflowers along the sidewalks, some from the gardens of the neighborhood, and all saturated with beauty.

 

No one in the art world makes such bold color choices and combinations as good old Mother Nature.


So I hope this brought you a little creative energy for your Saturday.  I will be using my creative flow to help tile a bathroom for my brother and his wife, in their new house.  My husband, son and I joined my parents for a trek to Northern Atlanta this weekend to celebrate the purchase of their first home, and lend a hand with the renovations.  I will share more pics and stories with you of the trip soon.  Hopefully today is a creative day for you.  What are you working on this weekend?  What was your inspiration this morning?

DONT FORGET MY SUMMER SALE CELEBRATING MY RECENT GRADUATION, GOING ON THROUGH SUNDAY.  CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS.  HAPPY SATURDAY!
XO, HARMONY

2 comments:

  1. Harmony, what wonderful sight! I feel refreshed by your photos! What gorgeous harmony of colors!!
    Thanks for sharing fellow flyer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How powerful colors can be.

    Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Join the Conversation!