Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Evolution of an Idea...handpainted canvas flowers

Hello lovelies!  After countless hours of work, I now have 65 incredible handmade art journals complete for the craft show.  Whew, my back is killing me from all the static sitting.  I wanted to take a sec and show you one of the new embellishments I've been adding to them to make them really special.  Remember the fabric flower necklace DIY  I did on Mano Metal's blog?  Well, I started using the same technique with hand painted fabric to make flowers for my large sized journals and have been ecstatic by the result!  Here are a few fun pics from the process...
  Isnt it so sweet? The colors faded beautifully when I washed the fabric and the flowers were so easy to make.  I love it when an idea works out.  There are so many times that I get some crazy idea for making something better and in the end I just waste time and end up scrapping the whole thing.  I do hope you had a lovely weekend.  I am starting to see light at the end of my show prep tunnel.  I will be so happy when I can finally just pack it all in the trailer and start the fun!  Keep checking back for more updates!
XO, HARMONY

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! What a great idea... and love your finished journal front x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The canvas flowers are fantastic, gives the journals that extra love! :]

    ReplyDelete

Join the Conversation!