Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

In progress... paint and hand stitching.

Hi there!  I have been just loving the hand stitching process lately.  Here's a little something I've been working on.  I have an old worn out pair of linen pants that I cut a scrap out of and mounted on a small wooden hoop.  I painted the background with acrylic paints and then free hand drew a pattern on the front.  Then it was just following the lines to create the image with 6 ply off-white cotton thread.  I am currently working on a second one painted in reds/yellows/pinks and will show you them both together on the wall.  (the hoop that will mount this one is currently drying from being painted black and white stripes).  I cant wait to see how they turn out on the wall.

Now I have to get back to work.  I have a HUGE mess of an art room, resulting from months of neglect and stuff piling up, and I am ready to get back in there and make some art! Why do I love the mess making, hate the re-organizing process so much, and yet love working in an organized art room?  Anyone else have a process like this?  You love to have your space simplified and clean when you start working but can never bring yourself to consistently keep it that way? (Sigh).  I'll post some before and afters as soon as it's done for you to see my progress.  Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope you have a more relaxing agenda ahead of you today than I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the Conversation!