Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Creative Play Thursdays!

I am starting a new weekly post, Creative Play Thursdays.  It feature a new video each week of the creative process of art making with a three year old.  My son and I will be doing one new project together each week and sharing the chaos with you.  Here's a bit of us doing a large scale canvas painting together.  I love how he forces me to keep changing, let go of expectations, and paint freely.  He keeps me honest in my process. 


Unfortunately, I only recorded the first 10 minutes before my video died and my hands were too full of paint to change batteries.  I will post the next video of our second painting session on this piece next Thursday.  We had so many thick layers of paint going by the end, that we needed to step away and let it dry.  So look for that next week along with a pic of the final piece.  Love painting with my son! If you have a creative little person in your life that inspires you, leave a comment and let me know how your create art together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the Conversation!