Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Look What I'm Playing with...Knitters Loom!

Oh how I adore funky chunky art yarns.  I've been spinning art yarn for a few years and have been wanting to find ways to showcase them as art instead of knitting them into a functional piece.  So you can imagine my elation at receiving a gorgeous knitters loom at Christmas.  I've been eyeing this thing for awhile and I am super excited that it's finally in my home.  I got a chance to start playing with it this week, and it's everything I hoped it would be.  It's super easy to warp, super easy to use, and totally compact so I can hide it behind the table when I am not using it (saving my work from curious sticky fingers).  It's made to handle the larger diameters of yarn, so I can finally use all my funky stuff and make wall art out of them.  Here's a few pics of me warping the loom and getting ready to start.
 A Mischievous Yarn Thief.  He was creating "scenes" with his Disney Cars characters and apparently my yarn ball made the perfect addition to the story.  I wish I could see into his imagination sometimes. It seems so magical.
I cant wait to create something out of this skein!  I'll post pics as soon as its done.  What was your favorite artsy Christmas gift this year? 
XO, HARMONY

4 comments:

  1. Greetings from Ukraine. Following you now, Harmony from the "magical" group. Looks like a great blog. I followed in both spots. Congrats on the new baby. Hope you'll come by and check out my blog and follow there too.
    Coleen, an American in Ukraine
    www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I'd love to get back into fiber art. I miss doing textile collages.
    I don't think I got any artsy presents this year, but I did get a truckload of chocolate, because that's a lot easier to pick out for someone else than art supplies. That's almost as good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful process. I love the magic the yarn brings to a project. My artsy gift to my self is doing "hello soul hello business" ecourse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm playing catch up on a few blogs today, i've been a bad blogger lately :(
    I love your yarn, I have a 'bit of a thing' for chunky wool, I like colinette point 5, biggy print, roving and rowan lima, I think the reason I like them is because they remind me of my old dreadlocks, I used to pretty them up with wool and beads waaaay back when ;o)

    I hope you and your family are all doing well and adjusting to life with a baby in the house, love to you all x

    ReplyDelete

Join the Conversation!