Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Cute Mistake

I was making prints of some of my work to incorporate into covers for my journal necklaces, but the sizing was off and I didnt realize it until sheets of these 2" x 3" prints came spitting out onto the floor.  What am I going to do with these?! Instantly, tiny books with the prints on the covers sparked in my head. I tried one out using all recycled papers, with tabs, and a tiny pocket, and AMAZINGNESS!  I chose to hand sew them to give them a bit more character.  They are perfect for keeping in your pocket book for spontaneous thoughts, or slipping into your back jeans pocket when going for a walk.  So cute, I can hardly stand it and I just had to share my excitement with you. (those of you crafty readers know the magic you experience when you have an idea, that you dont know if it will work out, go perfectly.  Often these experiments will crash and burn, but on those few times that a risk turns into something beautiful, it makes all the other messes worth it. :) - dont you love when that happens?


I would love some feedback on these.  Let me know what you think about them.  How would you use a tiny journal like that?

Have a very blessed and happy fathers day with your loved ones!  I'm off to move around some furniture around in my new Art Room!  Wish me luck.


2 comments:

  1. I LIKE IT!!! I like the idea to use this books in your pocket for little notice ... thoughts etc.
    Oh Harmony again and again I'm so impressed!!!

    And, I like your little girl, which you drawed ... arg wrong english ... I know ;o))
    love
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete

Join the Conversation!